Thyme-Garlic Baked Potatoes
- 2 teaspoons butter or margarine
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 slices garlic
- 4 8 ounces baking potatoes, scrubbed
- 12 3-inch sprigs fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1. Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
2. Combine butter, oil and garlic in a microwave proof cup. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave on Medium-High 1 minute, until butter melts. Let stand, covered, 5 minutes; remove garlic.
3. Arrange one potato flat side down on a work surface. With a small, sharp knife, make four crosswise cuts into the top of potato, two thirds of the way through, being careful not to cut all the way through. Cut 3 sprigs of thyme into 1/2-inch pieces. Using the tip of the knife, divide and tuck pieces into each slit. Repeat process with remaining potatoes and thyme.
4. Transfer potatoes to a jelly-roll pan. Drizzle cut sides of potatoes with melted-butter mixture, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake 50 to 55 minutes, until tender when pierced with a knife. Makes 4 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)5,
- sat. fat(g)2,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!