Vegetable Trio with Orange-Thyme Dressing
- 3 medium beets, greens removed
- 1 pound carrots, peeled, cut into 2-inch lengths
- 1 2 pound acorn squash, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves plus sprigs
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Zest and juice of 1 orange
- 2 - 4 tablespoons white wine vinegar
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Wrap beets in a double layer of aluminum foil, seal and then bake until soft, about 75 min.
2. In a bowl toss together carrots, squash, garlic, 2 tbsp olive oil, several thyme sprigs and 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper. Transfer to a rimmed baking sheet. Roast alongside the beets until just tender and golden, 35 to 40 min. Peel skin from cooked beets by rubbing with a paper towel, then cut beets into 1-inch pieces. Set aside.
3. Measure orange juice, then add enough vinegar to equal 2/3 cup. Whisk together juice, vinegar and 1/4 tsp salt and drizzle in 2 tbsp olive oil, whisking constantly. Add thyme leaves and zest. Place vegetables on a serving dish and add orange vinaigrette. Garnish with thyme. Makes 6 to 8 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 6
- Fat, total(g)7,
- sat. fat(g)1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!