- 3/4 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup beer
- 5 small zucchini (about 2-1/4 lbs.)
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil for frying
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 bunches fresh parsley sprigs, for garnish
DirectionsMake Beer Batter::
1. Place 3/4 cup flour and the 1 teaspoon salt in blender container. Add beer; cover and blend 1 minute or until smooth, stopping once to scrape down sides. Transfer batter to large bowl; let stand at room temperature 3 hours.Make Zucchini Ribbons::
2. Trim the ends of zucchini and cut into 4x1/2-inch strips. Heat 1 inch oil to 385 degrees F. on a deep-fat thermometer in a deep-fat fryer or Dutch oven. Combine 3/4 cup flour, the 1/4 teaspoon salt and the pepper in large bowl. Dredge about 6 strips zucchini in flour mixture, shaking in colander to remove excess.
3. Stir the batter, then add the flour-covered zucchini a few strips at a time to coat. Carefully lower the strips into hot oil with a slotted spoon. Fry strips 2 to 3 minutes or until deep golden brown. Remove with slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Repeat process with remaining zucchini, seasoned flour and batter.
4. Arrange fried zucchini strips on 6 small serving plates. Garnish with parsley, if desired. Serve immediately. Makes 6 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 6
- Fat, total(g)14,
- sat. fat(g)2,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!