Willow Bird Baking's Rosemary Thumbprints with Clementine Curd
- 1/2 teaspoon clementine zest
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup clementine juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) cold unsalted butter
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons crushed dried rosemary
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 6 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- White sanding sugar
1. Make the clementine curd: Cover zest with plastic wrap and set aside. In a bowl beat egg and yolks together. In a small saucepan whisk together clementine juice, lemon juice, cornstarch, and sugar over medium heat until warm, about 2 min. Slowly add beaten eggs, whisking constantly. Add butter 1 tbsp at a time, whisking vigorously until melted before adding more; mixture will begin to thicken. Continue whisking until mixture is quite thick and translucent, 10 to 12 min more. Transfer to a bowl set over an ice bath. Stir occasionally until completely cool. Store in refrigerator up to 1 week.
2. Make the cookies: Heat oven to 350 F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment. In a bowl whisk together flour, salt and rosemary; set aside.
3. Using an electric mixer, cream butter, confectioners' sugar and honey until light, 2 min. Mix in vanilla. Gradually add flour mixture and combine until a smooth dough forms.
4. Form dough into 1-inch balls; roll in crystal sugar and place 2 inches apart on baking sheets. Press your thumb or finger into the center to create an indentation; chill cookies until firm, 15 min. Bake until cooked through, 12 to 15 min. Using a 1/2-tsp measuring spoon, gently press hot cookie centers to re-form indentations. Transfer the cookies to a cooling rack to cool completely. Fill each indentation with 1/2 tsp clementine curd. Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to a week.
- Fat, total(g)7,
- sat. fat(g)4,
- Mark as Free Exchange()0,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!