Brownie Waffles A La Mode
These heart-shaped waffles topped with cinnamon ice cream and hot fudge sauce make a sweet dessert for the ones you love.
- 1 pint premium vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate squares, chopped
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, cut up
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate square, chopped
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons cold brewed coffee
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1. For the Cinnamon Ice Cream, combine ice cream and cinnamon in a small bowl, stirring quickly until blended. Cover and freeze until firm.
2. Meanwhile, for the Hot Fudge Sauce combine bittersweet chocolate, milk, corn syrup, 2 tablespoons butter and 1 tablespoon sugar in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, until chocolate melts; whisk until smooth. Reduce heat to low and simmer 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened. Stir in espresso powder. Remove from heat and keep warm.
3. For the Brownie Waffles, combine 1/4 cup butter and unsweetened chocolate in a small microwave proof bowl. Cover with plastic wrap, turning back one corner to vent, and microwave on High 1 minute; whisk until smooth. Place in freezer 5 minutes or until cool.
4. Heat oven to 200 degree F. Heat a nonstick 7-1/2-inch heart-shaped waffle baker on medium-low heat.
5. Sift flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in bowl. Whisk eggs, sugar and vanilla together in another bowl until blended, then whisk in cooled melted chocolate. Sift dry ingredients again over chocolate mixture; add coffee and walnuts and stir just until blended. Lightly coat hot waffle baker with vegetable cooking spray; pour 1/2 cup batter into baker. Cook according to manufacturers directions just until cooked through, about 1 to 2 minutes. (Waffles will not be crisp. Do not overcook--batter burns easily.) Transfer to a cookie sheet; keep warm in oven. Repeat process with remaining batter (spreading batter in baker, if batter becomes too thick).
6. Separate and arrange 3 waffle hearts on each of six serving plates; top each serving with one scoop of Cinnamon Ice Cream and drizzle with 3 tablespoons Hot Fudge Sauce. Garnish with walnuts, if desired. Makes 6 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 6
- Fat, total(g)41,
- sat. fat(g)21,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet