Zoe Bakes' Chocolate Caramel Matzo
- 6 unsalted matzo crackers cup
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Sweetened shredded coconut, toasted sesame seeds, or crushed peppermint
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with greased foil and arrange crackers in an even layer.
2. In a saucepan, make caramel by heating the butter and sugar over medium-high heat, whisking constantly, until sugar dissolved and mixture has thickened, 3 to 5 min. Pour caramel over crackers, using a spatula to spread in an even layer. Bake until caramel is bubbly, 15 min. Remove from oven and sprinkle chocolate chips evenly over the top; let chocolate sit for 5 min, then spread evenly over crackers. Sprinkle surface with coconut, sesame seeds or crushed peppermint and chill to set chocolate.
3. Transfer to a cutting board and peel away foil before cutting into strips. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
- Fat, total(g)31,
- sat. fat(g)20,
- Mark as Free Exchange()0,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!