Bumpy Road Sandwiches
Traveling SandwichesFishy Mix What You Need:
You can turn healthy food into
fun food when you turn dried
fruit into fishy mix and ham
with veggies into car sandwiches.
- 1 6-ounc bag plain or cheddar cheese-flavored, bite-size, fish-shaped crackers
- 1 6-ounce bag dried cranberries
- 1 7-ounce bag dried apricots, snipped
- 1 cup peanuts
1. In a medium mixing bowl, combine all ingredients.
2. Store in an airtight container. Makes about 6 cups.Sandwiches What You Need:
- 2/3 cup cheddar and/or Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped, fully cooked ham
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup pitted green or ripe olives (optional)
- 1 medium dill or sweet pickle, coarsely chopped
- 1 8-ounce tub cream cheese with garden vegetables
- 12 slices white and/or whole wheat bread
1. In a medium bowl, stir together cheese, ham, and vegetables. Set mixture aside. Spread some cream cheese on one side of each slice of bred. Sprinkle about 1/3 cup of vegetable mixture on top of cream cheese. Top with the other slice of bread, spread-side down.
2. Trim crusts, if desired. Slice each sandwich into fours trips. Place sandwiches in an airtight container. Chill in refrigerator for several hours or overnight. Store in container in an insulated cooler with ice packs for up to 4 hours. Makes 24.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!