Learn to julienne, mince, dice, cube and slice.
« Previous | 1 of 1 | Next »
- Peel vegetable. Trim ends.
- Slice vegetable into 2-inch x 1/4-inch slices.
- Stack the slices and cut into lengthwise 1/8-inch or 1/4-inch strips.
- Roughly chop vegetable on cutting board with chef's knife.
- Continue to chop until vegetables are very finely chopped.
- Slice vegetable into 2 inch x 1/4 inch slices.
- Stack vegetables and slice into 1/2 inch vertical slices. Hold slices tightly with hand and cut crosswise into 1/2 inch intervals
- Repeat as above except cut pieces into 1-inch pieces.
- Slice vegetable on the diagonal at 1/2-inch intervals with knife held at a 45 degree angle during slicing.