Get More Soy In Your Diet
Soy SnackSoy-Snack Fix-Ups
Dry-roasted soybeans are now readily available. You can turn them into a great crunchy snack in less than 10 minutes. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spread 8 ounces dry roasted soybeans (2 cups) in an even layer on a baking sheet. Sprinkle the beans with your choice of the following spice mixtures:
- 1-1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed; 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt; and 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar, 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder, and 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoon garam masala, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
1. Bake for 5 minutes or until just heated through, shaking pan once. Remove from oven. Cool.
2. Store for up to a week in an airtight container. Eat plain, toss in soups or salads, add to hot baked potatoes, or mix with popcorn or other party mixes. Makes 2 cups.
Nutrition facts per 2 tablespoon serving: 75 calories, 2 g fat (1 g sat. fat), 0 mg chol., 27 mg sodium, 4 g carbo., 2 g fiber, 7 g pro. Daily Values: 1% vit. A, 0% vit. C, 3% calcium, and 5% iron.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!