Prizewinning Heart-Healthy Recipes
Shrimp Vegetable Scampi
Second Prize Winner: Mary Herriage
1 pound large (26-30 count) raw shrimp, cleaned and deveined
1-pound package whole wheat linguine
4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 teaspoon + 2 tablespoons olive oil
Pam brand olive oil spray
1 tablespoon + 2 tablespoons I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
10-ounce package button mushrooms, sliced
1 large bunch asparagus, chopped into bite-size pieces
Juice of 1/2 lemon, slice remaining lemon
3/4 cup dry white wine (like chardonnay)
1 can small artichoke hearts, quartered
Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Season cleaned raw shrimp with sea salt. Prepare linguine according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat large deep skillet over medium-high heat. Spray skillet with generous amount of olive oil spray, add 1 tablespoon spray butter, 1 teaspoon olive oil, and garlic. Add shrimp to pan in a single layer, cook approximately 2 minutes each side until done. Remove shrimp from pan, cover to keep warm.
- Add mushrooms to pan, saute until water evaporates. Add 3/4 cup wine and lemon juice, reduce approximately 2 minutes. Add chopped asparagus, cover and steam until fork tender, approximately 5-6 minutes. Add quartered artichoke hearts; heat through.
- Return shrimp to pan. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil and 2 tablespoons spray butter; heat through.
- Serve shrimp/vegetable mixture over linguine. Garnish with lemon.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!