Flower Treats for Mother's Day
1. Line a 9-x-13-inch pan with foil. Butter foil; set aside. Over medium-low heat in a large pot, melt together a 10-1/2-ounce package mini marshmallows and 3 tablespoons butter.
2. Stir in 1/3 cup seedless raspberry or strawberry jam and 6 cups crisp rice cereal. Mix well.
3. Press cereal mixture into the prepared pan. Brush top with extra jam if desired and refrigerate 1 hour or until set.
4. Lift mixture from pan and cut out treats with 2-1/2- to 3-inch flower-shaped cookie cutters ($6, kaiserbakeware.com).
5. Place a pink or white candy-coated chocolate in the center of each flower.
Originally published in Ladies' Home Journal, May 2009.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!