Makes 6 to 8 servings
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 1 hour 25 minutes
3 large eggs
1 cup dark corn syrup
1/2 cup sugar
4 tablespoons butter, melted
1 cup canned pure pumpkin
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup chopped pecans
1 9-inch purchased unbaked pie shell
Whipped cream and fresh mint leaves, for garnish
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. and place rack in center.
2. In a mixer bowl, beat eggs on medium speed 1 minute. Beat in corn syrup, sugar, butter, pumpkin, and extract until combined well.
3. Spread out nuts in bottom of pie shell. Slowly pour pumpkin mixture over nuts.
4. Bake until a knife inserted 1 inch from edge comes out clean, about 1 hour. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool slightly before serving.
5. Garnish with whipped cream and mint leaves, if desired
Nutrition facts per serving (based on 6 servings):
Total fat: 32g
Saturated fat: 9g