Thanksgiving with a French Twist
Use our handy timetable to make the special day a little more manageable.2 days ahead
- Prepare pate; cover and chill in refrigerator.
- Prepare garlic croutons for salad; store in airtight container.
- Rub herb mixture inside capon; cover and chill in refrigerator.
- Cook fresh beets; cover and chill in refrigerator.
- Prepare individual desserts; cover and chill.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and roast capon.
- Combine butter and herb mixture for bean dish; set aside.
- Prepare and bake potato dish alongside capon.
- Sprinkle rest of herb mixture over capon; continue roasting.
- Prepare bean dish; cover and keep warm.
- Let capon stand at room temperature for easier carving.
- Roast onions in oven.
- Remove desserts from custard cups to serving plates.
- Slice pate; serve with baguette slices and apple slices.
- Assemble salads and slice capon.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!