SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Heat olive oil in large Dutch oven over high heat. Add veal stew and veal shank. Cook until veal is well browned on all sides, about 5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to plate; set aside.
2. Reduce heat to medium. Add onions and carrot to Dutch oven; cook for 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook 30 seconds. Stir in flour; cook 1 minute more. Carefully add tomatoes with juice, wine, broth, salt, pepper, and thyme, stirring to break up tomatoes.
3. Return veal to Dutch oven; bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until meat is very tender, about 2 hours.
4. Remove veal shank. Separate the meat and marrow from thebones; stir meat and marrow back into sauce.
5. Toss sauce with hot pasta in large serving bowl. Makes 6 servings.