1. Place a disposable foil drip pan in center of bottom grill rack. Replace top cooking grate. Close lid and heat burners on High 500 degrees F for 10 to 15 minutes. To grill, adjust burner controls. Be sure to position food in center of grill and heat source is turned off directly under food. (For a triple burner grill, turn center burner off).For charcoal briquettes: Open all vents. Position charcoal rails as near the outside edge on the lower grill rack as possible. Place equal amount of coals (16 to 30, depending on the size of your grill) on each side of bottom rack. Ignite and burn briquettes 25 to 30 minutes or until coals are covered with a light coating of gray ash. (If one side is hotter than the other, use long-handled tongs to rearrange coals). Place a disposable foil drip pan in center of bottom grill rack. Position top grill rack with handles over coals so that additional coals can be added through opening in handles.
2. Combine sugar, chili powder, paprika, cumin, cinnamon and cloves in small bowl.
3. Score top and sides of ham with a knife in a crisscross pattern. Rub with spice mixture.
4. Place ham, scored side up, in center of grill rack directly over disposable foil drip pan. Cover and grill 45 minutes. (If you have a grill thermometer, it should register between 375 degrees F and 425 degrees F during grilling.) Turn ham over (if using charcoal, add 5 to 9 briquettes on each side). Grill 45 to 60 minutes more or until instant-read thermometer inserted in center of ham registers 140 degrees F.
5. Combine preserves and orange juice in small cup; brush over ham. Cover and grill 5 minutes more. Let stand 15 minutes. Makes 8 to 12 servings.