SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. To make chocolate cups, line 2 cookie sheets with waxed paper; secure with tape. Inflate balloons to measure 3-3/4 inches in diameter; twist and knot. Wipe balloons with damp paper towels and let dry.To temper chocolate::
2. Coarsely chop 16 ounces of chocolate; transfer to a small microwave proof bowl. Microwave chocolate on Medium, 2 minutes. Stir and microwave 1 minute more, stirring every 10 seconds, until two thirds of chocolate is melted. Stir until smooth and chocolate registers less than 90 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer. If chocolate registers 90 degrees F or more, chop remaining 4 ounces chocolate into large chunks. Stir into the melted chocolate until the proper temperature is reached. Remove and reserve any extra chunks.
3. Gently plunge each balloon 1-1/2 inches into tempered chocolate. Jiggle over bowl to drain any excess chocolate. Arrange dipped side down on prepared cookie sheets. Repeat, arranging balloons 2 inches apart. Refrigerate balloons 10 to 15 minutes until chocolate is chilled and firm. Reserve remaining tempered chocolate.
4. To make filigree scrolls, draw a filigree scroll pattern or use your imagination for a desired drawing (butterfly, tulip, heart) on paper; place on a large cookie sheet and top with waxed paper. Be sure drawing is dark enough to show through the top sheet. Set aside.
5. Microwave reserved tempered chocolate on Medium, 30 seconds. If temperature registers 90 degree F or more, stir in reserved chocolate chunks until proper temperature is reached. Spoon into pastry bag fitted with a 1/16-inch (#1) round tip. Using pattern, pipe eight scrolls or desired designs, squeezing and elevating the tip slightly while tracing pattern of scroll. Refrigerate scrolls until firm, 5 minutes. Carefully slide a thin metal spatula under scrolls to loosen. Turn scrolls over; pipe chocolate along the back of scrolls. Refrigerate 5 minutes until scrolls are firm and dry.
6. To release chocolate cups, pop each balloon by snipping a tiny hole near top with sharpened scissors. Gently pull popped balloons from chocolate cups. Refrigerate until firm.
7. For strawberry sauce, puree strawberries and liqueur in food processor or blender. Strain through a sieve into a bowl.
8. For chocolate mousse, microwave the 9 ounces chocolate in bowl on Medium for 3 minutes; stir until smooth. Add water all at once, whisking until smooth. Cool 10 minutes, whisking occasionally.
9. Beat cream and vanilla together in large mixer bowl at low speed 3 minutes, until cream starts to thicken. At medium-high speed, beat 30 seconds, until mixture is the consistency of thick cake batter. Add chocolate all at once. At medium speed, beat until mousse is thick enough to hold its shape, scraping bowl occasionally with a rubber spatula.
10. Spoon mousse into a large pastry bag fitted with a 3/4-inch star tip. Decoratively pipe mousse into prepared chocolate cups. Divide and drizzle strawberry sauce onto each of 8 dessert plates. Arrange 1 chocolate cup in the center of each plate. Garnish each serving with chocolate filigree scrolls. Makes 8 servings.