SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Heat oven to 350 degree F.Make Crust::
2. Butter an 8-inch springform pan. Combine graham cracker crumbs, walnuts, brown sugar, and butter in small bowl until crumbs are evenly moistened. Pat crumbs evenly over bottom of prepared pan. Bake 10 minutes. Cool on wire rack (keep oven on). Tightly cover bottom and sides of springform pan with heavy-duty foil.Make Filling::
3. Meanwhile, puree cottage cheese in food processor or blender until smooth. Beat cream cheese in large bowl at medium-high speed of electric mixer until light and fluffy, 2 minutes. Beat in cottage cheese. Gradually beat in granulated sugar, scraping side of bowl with rubber spatula, until mixture is completely smooth, 3 minutes. Reduce speed to medium. Beat in lemon juice, vanilla, lemon peel, and salt. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition. Beat in sour cream just until smooth.
4. Pour filling over crust in pan and place in a large roasting pan. Place pan on oven rack. Carefully pour enough hot water into roasting pan to come 1 inch up side of springform pan. Bake 1-1/4 hours or until center is just set.
5. Remove cheesecake from water bath. Cool completely on wire rack. Remove foil. Cover and refrigerate overnight.Make Double Strawberry Sauce::
6. Puree strawberries in syrup in food processor or blender until smooth. Transfer to a medium bowl and stir in sliced strawberries. Makes 3-1/3 cups.
7. Just before serving, run knife around edge of springform pan and remove side. Garnish top with fresh berries, if desired. Serve with Double Strawberry Sauce. Makes 12 servings.