1. Place the 2 cups carrots in colander. Pour boiling water over carrots; drain well. Stir lemon juice, sugar, the 1/4 teaspoon salt, the 1/8 teaspoon cumin, the paprika and cinnamon together in medium bowl until sugar dissolves. Stir in drained carrots, parsley and oil. Makes 1-3/4 cups.Make Veggie Burgers::
2. Pulse white mushrooms in food processor until finely chopped.
3. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook until softened, 3 to 4 minutes. Add white mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes. Add shiitake mushrooms, bell pepper, zucchini, curry powder and the 1/4 teaspoon cumin and cook 5 minutes more or until most of the liquid is evaporated.
4. Meanwhile, pulse brown rice in food processor until finely chopped. Transfer to medium bowl. Stir in mushroom mixture, cheese, the 1/4 cup carrots, parsley, the 1/2 teaspoon salt and black pepper until combined.
5. Shape mixture into four 1/2-inch-thick patties. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in same skillet over medium-high heat. Cook patties 4 to 5 minutes per side or until crisp and heated through. Arrange lettuce on bottoms of rolls; top each with burger and about 1/2 cup Cumin Carrots. Top with roll tops. Serve with cucumbers, if desired. Makes 4 servings.Nutrition facts per serving with cheese::
6. 350 calories, 15.5 g total fat, 4 g saturated fat, 13 mg cholesterol, 687 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 12 g protein.