1. Bring the 3 cups water to boil in large saucepan. Stir in split peas, celery, the 1 clove garlic, the 1 teaspoon cumin, the 1/2 teaspoon salt, and the turmeric. Return to boil; cover and simmer until very tender, 1-1/4 hours. Beat or whisk until smooth. Makes 2-1/2 cups.
2. Meanwhile, heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and cook, stirring, until tender, 7 to 10 minutes. Stir in the 1 teaspoon garlic, the ginger, curry, the 1/2 teaspoon cumin, and red pepper, if using; cook 30 seconds. Stir in potatoes and cook 2 minutes. Stir in the 1-1/2 cups water and the 1-1/4 teaspoon salt. Bring to boil; reduce heat, cover and simmer 10 minutes. Add carrots and cauliflower; simmer covered until tender, 10 minutes more. Uncover and continue simmering until no longer soupy, if necessary. Stir in peas and cilantro. Cool.
3. Heat oven to 400 degree F. Spread 1 sheet phyllo dough on large ungreased cookie sheet. (Keep remaining phyllo covered with plastic wrap.) Brush very lightly with some of the remaining 3 teaspoons oil, and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of the bread crumbs. Continue layering remaining phyllo on top, brushing each sheet with oil and sprinkling with crumbs.
4. Spoon vegetable mixture down center of one long side of phyllo. Fold one side of phyllo over and tuck under filling. Roll phyllo log so that seam side is down. Brush with any remaining oil. With sharp knife, score top diagonally at 1-1/2-inch intervals. Bake 20 minutes or until golden.Make Lime Yogurt::
5. Combine yogurt and peel in bowl.
6. Serve strudel with Yellow Dal and Lime Yogurt. Makes 4 servings.