1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Line 2 large cookie sheets with parchment paper.
2. For dough, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl; set aside. Beat shortening and granulated sugar in a large mixer bowl on medium-high speed 2 minutes, until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Reduce speed to low and gradually add flour mixture just until combined. Stir in mincemeat until well mixed.
3. Fill a measure tablespoon with dough. Arrange dough on prepared cookie sheets 2 inches apart. Bake 10 to 12 minutes, until golden brown. Cool cookies on cookie sheets for 1 minute. Transfer cookies to wire racks and cool completely.
4. Meanwhile, for coffee frosting beat together confectioners sugar, coffee, and melted butter in a large mixer bowl on medium speed until smooth.
5. Spread a rounded measure teaspoon of frosting on top of each cooled cookie. Top each cookie with 1 pecan half. Makes about 8 dozen cookies.