1. Bring water for pasta to a boil.
2. Microwave tomatoes, tomato sauce, water, rosemary, crushed red pepper, and fennel seed, covered with vented plastic wrap, in a large microwave proof bowl on High 10 to 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes.
3. Heat oil in 12-inch skillet. Add onion, mushrooms, and garlic; cook 8 minutes. Add veal and pork; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook, breaking up meat with a spoon, until no longer pink. Add wine; gently boil 2 minutes. Stir in tomato mixture. Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer 10 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, start to cook pasta according to package directions.
5. Drain pasta; return to pot. Toss pasta with 2 cups of sauce; transfer to a bowl. Top with 1 cup of the sauce. Serve with remaining sauce and cheese. Makes 4 servings.