1. With scissors, cut the shrimp shells, following curve of the outer back, moving from the top toward the tail to expose dark vein (leave tails intact).Butterfly shrimp::
2. Rinse shrimp while slipping off the shell and the vein; pat dry. Butterfly shrimp. Place in bowl; refrigerate.
3. Oil and heat grill. Tie the ends of the corn husks with string. Grill corn 15 to 20 minutes . Cool. Remove husks and slice kernels off the cob.
4. Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in saucepan. Cook bacon until crisp. With slotted spoon, transfer to paper towels to drain.
5. Drain off all but 1 tablespoon drippings. Add onion, carrot, celery, and garlic; cook 5 minutes in drippings. Add red pepper; cook 5 minutes more. Add corn and cook 10 minutes more. Stir in broth; bring to boil. Simmer 10 minutes. Stir in 1/8 teaspoon each salt and pepper and bacon.
6. Meanwhile, boil 1 cup water in saucepan. Add cilantro; cook 10 seconds. Drain leaves in strainer under cold running water; drain again. Gently squeeze out excess water with paper towels; transfer to blender. Add olive oil, and puree. Stir in remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
7. Toss shrimp with remaining vegetable oil. Grill 2 minutes per side, until firm.
8. Divide soup among 4 bowls. Arrange 3 shrimp in center of each and drizzle with cilantro oil. Makes 4 servings.