1. For the crumbs, process the bread in food processor to fine crumbs.
2. Combine mayonnaise, egg, shallots, parsley, lemon juice, mustard, and red pepper in bowl. Fold in crabmeat and 1 cup bread crumbs, just until blended.
3. Line a cookie sheet with wax paper. Place remaining 1 cup bread crumbs on a large plate. Gently shape a rounded 1/3 cup crab mixture into a 2-1/4-inch patty; coat lightly with bread crumbs. Transfer crab cakes to prepared cookie sheet. Repeat process with remaining crab mixture and crumbs. Refrigerate 4 hours.
4. For the clarified butter, microwave butter on High in 1-cup glass measure covered with plastic wrap 1 to 1-1/2 minutes, until melted. Let stand 2 minutes until milk solids settle to bottom. Skim off foaming top; discard. Pour clear liquid into cup.
5. Heat oven to 250 degree F. Heat 1 tablespoon clarified butter and 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add 4 crab cakes and cook until golden, about 4 minutes. Turn cakes and cook 4 minutes more. Transfer cakes to cookie sheet; keep warm in oven. Wipe out skillet and cook remaining cakes with remaining butter and oil. Serve with lemon. Makes 8 crab cakes.