1. Coarsely chop chocolate.
2. Heat cream and 2/3 cup milk in medium saucepan over medium heat 4 minutes, until small bubbles appear around edge.
3. Meanwhile, whisk yolks and sugar in a bowl. Stir remaining 1 tablespoon milk into cornstarch in cup until smooth.
4. Gradually whisk half the hot cream mixture into yolk mixture, then whisk egg mixture into hot cream in saucepan. Whisk in cornstarch-milk mixture. Bring to boil, stirring, over medium heat; boil 1 minute, until mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
5. Remove pan from heat. Add chocolate, butter, vanilla, and salt to hot cream mixture and stir until chocolate is melted and pudding is smooth. Strain pudding through fine sieve into bowl. Press a piece of plastic wrap directly on surface of pudding. Refrigerate until cold, 4 hours. Divide and spoon into six dessert cups or glasses. (Can be made ahead. Refrigerate overnight.) Serve with The Perfect Whipped Cream and garnish with chocolate shavings, if desired. Makes 6 servings.
1. Freeze a large mixer bowl and beaters 10 minutes. Beat 1 cup heavy or whipping cream on medium-high speed 2 minutes, until thickened. Add 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar and beat 1-1/2 to 2 minutes more until soft peaks form. Makes 2 cups.
2. Nutritional Information per 2 tablespoons: 55 calories, 5.5 g total fat, 3.5 g saturated fat, 20 mg cholesterol, 6 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrates, 0 g protein, and 0 g fiber.