1. Heat oven to 350 degree F. For the pastry, combine 6 tablespoons granulated sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
2. Place one sheet phyllo on work surface (keep remaining phyllo covered with plastic wrap and a clean kitchen towel). Brush sheet lightly with butter. Sprinkle top with 1 tablespoon cinnamon-sugar and 1 tablespoon pecans. Repeat process 3 times. Top stack with 1 more sheet phyllo, brush with some of the 6 tablespoons melted butter and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon cinnamon-sugar. With long side facing you and using a long sharp knife, cut phyllo stack into 5 parallel strips lengthwise, then cut stack into 4 even strips crosswise, making 20 rectangles.
3. Grease a large cookie sheet. Arrange 18 rectangles 1/4 inch apart on prepared cookie sheet. Bake rectangles 6 to 8 minutes, until lightly browned. Carefully transfer each rectangle with a spatula to wire racks; cool rectangles and cookie sheet completely.
4. Brush remaining phyllo sheet lightly with butter, then sprinkle sheet with remaining 1 tablespoon cinnamon-sugar. Cut into 4 rectangles. Stack rectangles. Roll up jelly-roll style from a long side. Slice roll crosswise into 1/4-inch-wide strips. Toss strips gently to separate and spread out onto the same greased cookie sheet.
5. Cut remaining 2 rectangle crosswise into 1/8-inch-wide strips and add to cookie sheet. Bake strips 5 to 6 minutes, or until golden. Cool strips on pan on wire rack.
6. Meanwhile, for the caramel sauce, melt 3 tablespoons butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add brown sugar, 1/4 cup cream and 3 tablespoons granulated sugar. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally with a long-handled wooden spoon, until sugar dissolves. Stir in orange juice and vanilla. (Mixture may bubble up, but that's okay.) Remove skillet from heat and set aside.
7. Meanwhile, for the filling, increase oven temperature to 425 degree F. Beat 3/4 cup cream, sour cream, 1 tablespoon granulated sugar and rum in small mixer bowl on high until stiff. Cover and refrigerate.
8. Grease another large cookie sheet. Cut bananas crosswise into 1-inch-thick slices, discarding ends. Toss bananas with remaining 1 tablespoon granulated sugar, 1 tablespoon butter and orange peel in a medium bowl. Arrange cut side down on prepared cookie sheet in a single layer. Bake 8 minutes, until tender. Set aside.
9. To assemble, just before serving, reheat caramel sauce over low heat. Meanwhile, fill a large pastry bag filled with 1/2-inch-wide star tip with whipped-cream mixture. Arrange 1 phyllo rectangle each on 6 large dessert plates. Pipe about one third of whipped cream on top of rectangles, then divide and top each serving with half of the bananas. Drizzle each serving with about 1 teaspoon caramel sauce. Top each with another rectangle. Pipe another third of whipped cream on rectangles and top with remaining bananas. Top each serving with remaining rectangles. Drizzle each serving with 1 teaspoon caramel sauce. Pipe remaining whipped cream on top of each and arrange strips of phyllo in cream standing up. Drizzle a little caramel sauce over and around Napoleons; sprinkle with toasted pecans. Serve immediately with remaining caramel sauce. Makes 6 servings.