1. Spray a 15x10x1-inch baking pan with nonstick coating; set aside.
2. In a small saucepan, melt butter and stir in garlic and lemon juice. Rinse fillets. Cut into 6 servings, if necessary.
3. Place fillets in a single layer in baking pan. Brush with garlic-lemon butter; season lightly with salt and pepper.
4. Sprinkle fish with Romano cheese and cover with bread crumbs. Drizzle the fish with any of the remaining garlic-lemon butter. (Note: Fish may be prepared up to this point, covered, and refrigerated up to 1 hour.)
5. Bake in a 450 degree F oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Transfer fillets to warm serving plates. If you like, sprinkle with chives or green onion tops. Makes 6 servings.