1. Preheat oven to 400 degree F.
2. Heat oil in a medium nonstick skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking. Brown sausages in skillet, turning occasionally until golden brown on all sides, about 5 minutes. Transfer sausages to a cutting board and cut crosswise diagonally into 1-inch-thick ovals. Saute kale in 4 batches in small skillet with sausage juices over moderately high heat, stirring until softened and kale starts to brown and crisp, 2 to 3 minutes per batch.
3. Stir together beans, tomatoes, reserved cup tomato juice, broth, rosemary, hot-pepper flakes, and kale in a shallow 2- to 2-1/2-quart ovenproof dish. Tuck in sausages and sprinkle evenly with Parmigiano-Reggiano.
4. Bake stew in middle of oven, uncovered, until bubbling, about 15 minutes.
5. Serve immediately from dish at table. Makes 6 servings.