1. Preheat oven to 450 degree F and lightly grease two mini (12 cups, each 1-1/2 to 2 inches in diameter) muffin tins with butter.
2. Cook sausage in a large nonstick skillet over moderate heat, stirring and breaking up lumps, until no longer pink, about 3 minutes. Remove pan from heat and let sausage cool.
3. Whisk together cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
4. Whisk together buttermilk and egg in a medium bowl. Whisk buttermilk mixture into cornmeal mixture until just combined. Fold in corn, cheese, scallion, jalapenos, 2 tablespoons melted butter and sausage.
5. Spoon about a heaping teaspoon of batter into each muffin cup and bake coins until golden brown on top, and a toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean, about 10 minutes.