5 Quick & Easy Costumes
Forget-Me-NotWhat You Need:
- Fabric-covered headband
- 2 blue crafts-foam sheets
- 1 peach crafts-foam sheet
- 1 green crafts-foam sheet
- Needle and thread
- 1/8-inch ribbon
1. Download the free plans for this project. (Downloading requires Adobe Acrobat software.)
2. Cut out patterns. Prepare pattern pieces from 12x18-inch foam sheets: A) Blue petals: Cut six heart-shape petals (with flat bottoms), 6-1/2x7-1/2 inches. B) Peach petals: Cut nine petals, 2-1/2x2-1/2 inches. C) Green leaves: Cut seven heart-shape leaves, 5x6-1/2 inches. (If using our downloadable pattern, fold the material in half and place the pattern's dotted line on the fold.) Cut two small leaves, 3x3 inches.
3. Stitch petals. Place blue petal on the inside of the headband. Starting at one end, stitch petal to edge of headband, through both foam and cloth of the headband. Do another row of stitches halfway down the inside of the headband to keep the petal flat. Overlap the next petal by 1-1/2 inches and repeat until all petals are attached. Stitch peach petals along bottom of headband, overlapping petals by 1/4 inch.
4. Make collar. For the collar, punch two holes at the top of each leaf, about 1-1/2 inches apart. Thread ribbon through holes.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!