5 Quick & Easy Costumes
ConeflowerWhat You Need:
- Yellow baseball cap
- 3 purple crafts-foam sheets
- 3 green crafts-foam sheets
- Yellow and purple pom-poms
- 1/8-inch ribbon
- Crafts glue, needle, and thread
1. Download the free plans for this project. (Downloading requires Adobe Acrobat software.)
2. Prepare pattern pieces from 12x18-inch foam sheets: A) Purple petals: Cut 11 petals, 4-1/2x9 inches. B) Green leaves: Cut three large jagged leaves, 6x11 inches, and five small jagged leaves, 4-1/2x8 inches.
3. Stitch petals. Stitch flat end of petals to cloth base of cap, spacing each petal 1/2 inch apart.
4. Finish cap. To shape petals, bend and tack three front petals to sides and end of baseball cap visor. Tack petals around back to fill in bare spots. Glue pom-poms onto cap.
5. Prepare collar. For the collar, punch two holes at top of each leaf, about 1-1/2 inches apart. Thread ribbon through holes.