Leaves-Aplenty WreathWhat You Need:
- Purchased glycerine-preserved leaves
- Optional floral paint spray in red, purple, and yellow
- 9-inch straw circular wreath
- Thick white crafts glue
- Natural raffia
- Gold spray paint
- Plastic grapes
1. If desired, paint leaves. If you wish to enhance or intensify the color of the leaves, you can apply floral paint in a well-ventilated area. Spread out the leaves on newspaper and spray spots of color using a random motion. Spray only edges and small portions of leaves. Spray the purple lightly over the red. Overlay the yellow onto the red. Let the leaves dry.
2. Add leaves to wreath. Coat the wreath well with glue. Beginning at the bottom of the wreath, arrange leaves onto wreath base overlapping each other. Pin the leaves in place as you go. Insert the pin in an inconspicuous place, such as near the stem. When the leaves begin to set firmly into the glue, you may remove the pins. Let the glue dry.
3. Paint raffia. Cut a small bundle of raffia approximately 36 inches long. Lay the raffia on newspaper and spread apart. Spray with gold spray paint. Let the paint dry. Turn the raffia over and spray again. Let dry.
4. Tie the painted raffia into a bow and glue onto the top of the wreath. Pin the bow in place, hiding the pin in the raffia. Trim the tails of the raffia as desired.
5. Add grapes. Use pins to attach the cluster of grapes underneath the bow.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!