All Set to Party
Party, Plates and Hats
To add to the merriment when the midnight hour strikes, gather all the alarm clocks in the house and make sure they are set to ring at the right moment. Scattering antique clocks around your table -- whether the clocks are working or not -- furthers the timely theme.What You Need:
(for each place setting)
- Glass dinner plate
- Silver charger
- Blue acrylic paint
- Fine-tipped paintbrush
- Black permanent marking pen
- Party hat in silver, black, or blue
- Preprinted paper clock faces (available at crafts stores)
- Star-shaped tinsel or garland with stars
- Crafts glue
1. Paint clock-face numerals on a silver charger, using acrylic paints.
2. Draw clock hands on the underside of a glass plate with black marking pen.
3. Place plate on top of charger.
4. To make party hats: Glue a preprinted clock face to each hat. Use black marking pen to draw the clock hands. Glue tinsel to the tip and around the edges of each hat.Special tips:
- When drawing clock hands, "set" them at a time close to midnight, such as 11:45 or 11:50.
- Rub-on or self-stick numerals and curlicues provide another option if you'd rather not draw the clock face and numbers.
- The party hats can also be place cards, if you write each guest's name below the hands of the clock.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!