Button Box Ornaments
- Silver and gold metallic perforated paper
- Card stock
- Silver and gold metallic wrapping paper
- Thick crafts glue
- Tracing paper
- Silver and gold metallic thread
- Tapestry needle
- 20 to 60 assorted gold, silver, clear, or pearl buttons for each ornament
- Silver or gold metallic or beaded tassels (optional)
- Silver and gold cord
1. Glue the perforated paper to the card stock and then to the wrong side of the matching wrapping paper. Trace the star patterns onto tracing paper and cut out. Cut the stars as desired from the paper-covered card stock.
2. Sew buttons onto the perforated paper side of stars to cover, using matching thread.
3. Cut 24 inches of matching cord for the hanging loop. Tack the center of the cord to the back of the star at the top point. Knot the ends. Tack the tassel to the bottom of the star. If desired, glue another layer of the wrapping paper to the back of the star to cover the threads; trim to match the shape.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!