Christmas Cross-Stitch Crafts
Chair BacksStitching: What You Need
For each chair back
Hang this easy-to-assemble
triangle banner on the back of
a chair or sew one to each end
of a length of fabric for a
- 11-inch x 12-inch piece of 16-county stoney point Aida cloth
1. Stitch the entire tree.Assembly: What You Need
- 1/4 yard of rust decorator fabric
- 18-inch x 20-inch piece of rust cotton broadcloth
- 18-inch x 20-inch piece of fleece
- Matching sewing thread
1. Centering the design, trim the stitched piece into a 9-3/8-inch-tall triangle with an 8-1/4-inch base. Use the stitched piece as a pattern to cut three triangles from the rust decorator fabric. Also cut four 1-1/2-inch x 18-inch strips for ties. All measurements include a 1/4-inch seam allowance.
2. With the right sides together, sew a rust triangle to each long edge of the stitched triangle. Press seam allowances away from the stitched piece. Sew the remaining rust triangle to the bottom edge.
3. Use the joined triangles as a pattern to cut a matching back from the cotton broadcloth and to cut one matching piece from fleece. Baste the fleece to the wrong side of the joined triangles.
4. For the ties, fold and press the long edges of the 1-1/2-inch x 18-inch strips to meet at the center of the strip. Fold in half lengthwise, aligning the pressed edges. Edge-stitch the pressed edges together. On the right side of the joined triangles, pin two ties at each top corner; sew. With right sides together, sew the back to the joined triangles, leaving a 3-inch opening in the top edge for turning. Clip the corners and turn right side out. Press carefully. Slip-stitch the opening closed.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!