Cinnamon Stick Craft
- Pencil; ruler
- Recycled Christmas card with saying
- Red marking pen
- Paper in red and green
- Glue stick
- Cinnamon sticks
- Hot-glue gun and glue sticks
- Gold cord
- Gold-edge green ribbon
1. Using a pencil and ruler, draw a box around the saying, leaving a border of approximately 1/2 inch. Cut out on the line. Outline the paper with red marking pen.
2. Cut a piece of green paper 1/4 inch larger than the saying. Cut a piece of red paper 1 inch larger than the green paper. Glue the green paper on the red paper using a glue stick. Glue the saying on the green paper.
3. Choose eight cinnamon sticks that are longer than the paper rectangle. Hot-glue the cinnamon frame together with two sticks on the top, two on the bottom, and two on each side.
4. Tie a cord from the top corners for hanging. Wrap the intersecting corners with ribbon. Knot and trim ends as desired.
5. Hot-glue the frame to the mounted paper saying.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!