Colorful Mini Menorah
- 10 large wooden crafts spools
- 10 small wooden crafts spools
- 11 wooden wheels
- 11 wooden beads with large center hole
- 12 chenille sticks
- Crafts glue
- Disposable foam plate (optional)
- Acrylic paints, various colors
- Dimensional paints, various colors
- 9 large metal washers
- 9 birthday candles
- 9 plastic candleholders
1. Paint all wooden beads, wheels, and spools with acrylic paints. Let them dry.
2. Fold a chenille stick in half and cover it with glue. (If desired, pour some glue onto a disposable plate and drag the stick through to cover it.)
3. While glue is still wet, slip several painted shapes onto the stick. Let glue dry. Trim excess chenille from bottom of candlestick if necessary. Repeat this step for each candlestick.
4. To design menorah as shown in photo: Make 2 candlesticks with 1 large spool topped with 1 small bead. Make 2 candlesticks with 1 large spool topped with 1 small spool, then 1 bead. Make 2 candlesticks with 1 large spool topped with 1 wheel, then 1 bead, then 2 more wheels, then another bead. Make 2 candlesticks with 1 large spool topped with 1 small spool, 1 wheel, 2 more small spools, then a bead. Make 1 candlestick with 2 large spools, 1 wheel, 1 small spool, another wheel, another small spool, another wheel, and a bead.
5. Decorate the candlesticks with dimensional paints. Use the photo as inspiration, or create your own designs.
6. Add candles. Slip a birthday candle into a plastic candleholder, and then slide the holder through a metal washer and into the hole of the top bead of the candlestick. Remind children never to light candles without adult supervision.More Ideas:
- To make tall candlesticks, twist 2 chenille stems together instead of folding one in half.
- Arrange menorah by height, with the tallest candlestick in the center.
- For traditional colors, use blue, yellow-gold, and white paints.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!