It's easy to make a dreidel.
- 1 empty 8-ounce cardboard milk carton
- Black marker
- Tempera paint in several colors
- Colored tissue paper
Make one with a friend!
1. Rinse out the milk carton and allow to dry. If you are decorating the dreidel to be used as a gift box, place the tissue paper inside the milk carton and tuck the gift in the paper.
2. Staple the spout of the milk carton shut.
3. Paint the carton with tempera paint. Let dry.
4. Decorate carton. Turn the carton upside down and write a different Hebrew letter (see below) on each side of the carton. Decorate the carton with markers or paints, and poke the pencil through the bottom of the carton.