Easy Halloween Costumes
Silly ClownWhat You Need:
- Red plastic funnel about 8 inches in diameter
- Round white stickers
- 6 green chenille stems in varying widths
- Tracing paper
- Hot-glue gun and hot-glue sticks
- Felt scraps in bright colors
- Bright colored pom-poms
- 20-inch length of 1-inch-wide polka-dot ribbon
- 20 white paper coffee filters
- Wide red marker
- Paper punch
1. Download the free pattern for this project. (Downloading requires Adobe Acrobat software.)
2. If you can't find a red funnel, use red spray paint to cover the outside surface. Let dry. Apply round white stickers randomly to the outside surface.
3. Cut the chenille stems into lengths varying from 6 to 12 inches long. Group the chenille stems together, winding at the base. Hot-glue the group of chenille stems to the inside of the narrow end of the funnel.
4. Trace the flower and leaf patterns onto a piece of tracing paper. Cut out and trace onto felt. Cut small colored flowers from felt. Snip a tiny hole in the center, insert chenille stem, and attach flower onto chenille stem with hot glue. Glue on center pom-pom. Tie leaf around green stem.
5. Glue a ribbon on each side of inside of funnel for ties.
6. To make collar, stack 18 to 20 coffee filters. While stacked, color around the edge of filters with a wide red marker.
7. Separate each filter, gently fold in half, and punch hole with paper punch in center, about 1/2 inch from fold. You will have two holes in middle of the coffee filter.
8. While still gently folded, string all coffee filters onto cord and tie around neck.