Easy Thanksgiving Crafts
Pilgrim FamilyWhat You Need:
The Pilgrims celebrated
- Cardboard paper towel tubes
- White glue
- White, black, brown, pink, yellow, and red construction paper
1. Cut the cardboard tubes. Cut in various heights to make the individual members of the family.
2. For your tallest figure, cut a 4- by 6-inch rectangle of colored paper. Glue the paper around each cardboard tube.
3. Cut a 2- by 3-inch piece of paper for the face. Use a marker to draw facial features. Glue on top of the 4- by 6-inch rectangle piece of paper at the top of the tube.
4. For hair on each figure, cut a small paper rectangle and cut fringe. Roll the bottom of the hair around a pencil to make curls. Glue it in place.
5. Cut and decorate collars for the Pilgrims.
6. Make a bonnet for each girl and woman. Wrap a 2- by 5-inch paper rectangle around the top of the tube with the ends overlapped and glued at the back.
7. Make a hat for each boy and man. Cut a 1-1/2-inch piece of cardboard tube. Cover with black construction paper with glue. Cut a 3-1/2-inch circle out of black construction paper for the bottom of hat and glue the tube on top of the circle.
8. Make a band for every hat. Cut a 1/2-inch wide white strip of construction paper and glue around the tube. Cut a buckle shape out of yellow construction paper and glue to the white band.