Basic Egg DecoratingWhat You Need:
Colorful eggs brighten any
- Hard-boiled eggs (prepared by a grown-up)
- Cardboard paper towel roll
- Masking tape
- Acrylic paint in colors you like
- Disposable plate
- Pencil with new eraser
- Adhesive bandages
1. If you want the background color to be the natural white (or brown) of the egg shell, just decorate a plain egg. For other colors, paint the egg a solid color and let it dry.
2. Painting an egg is tricky because it wants to roll all over the table. You can use your creativity to keep it from rolling -- we used a short tube cut from a paper towel roll and taped it to the table to make a stand.
3. Or, you can paint the top half of the egg and put it back in the egg carton, let it dry, turn it over, and paint the other side.
On the following pages, we show four different ways to decorate your eggs.
Tip: Do not eat eggs that are not refrigerated or are decorated with paint.