Add glorious color to
your favorite book.
- 2x9-inch piece lightweight cardboard
- 5x10-inch piece Afrocentric fabric
- Crafts glue
- Self-laminating sheet (available at office supply stores)
1. Fold fabric in half lengthwise.
2. Glue fabric to cardboard. Cover both sides of cardboard with fabric using glue.
3. Trim fabric to fit cardboard.
4. Cut one end of bookmark to form a 1-inch V.
5. Add tassel. Pull back fabric on one side at top of V and glue in tassel.
6. Finish gluing. Glue fabric back down at tip covering tassel string.
7. Cut two laminating sheets a little wider than the bookmark.
8. Laminate. Place bookmark between the two laminating sheets, making sure tassel is not inside laminating sheets. If bubbles appear, use your hands to carefully smooth bubbles out.
9. Trim to size. Trim laminating sheets to size of bookmark.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!