Faux Gingerbread Gift Tags
Makes these wooden treats even
more unique by prsonalizing
them with the child's name
written with a paint pen.
- Tracing paper
- Carbon paper
- Ballpoint pen
- 8 x 7-inch piece of 1/8-inch Baltic birch plywood
- Scroll saw
- Drill with 1/8-inch bit
- Fine grip sandpaper
- Acrylic paints: dark brown and light brown
- Crystals fabric paint
- White fabric paint pen
- 1/4- and 1/2-inch paint brushes
- Polyurethane spray
- 12 inches of 1/8-inch-diameter red satin ribbon
1. Trace patterns onto tracing paper. Place the carbon paper between the pattern and wood; transfer body outline, tracing over line with ballpoint pen. Cut out ornament with scroll saw. Drill hole in top of hanger. Sand surfaces smooth.
2. Paint the entire ornament dark brown. While fronts are still damp, blend light brown around the edges to resemble baked edges of cookies; allow to dry. Brush several coats of crystals paint over the front. When crystals paint is dry, use white paint pen to draw "icing" detail as desired, using the photograph for ideas. Spray with polyurethane spray to seal.
3. Thread ribbon through hole in top of ornament; knot ends.