Felt Eyeglass Holders
- Tracing paper
- Felt in desired colors
- Embroidery floss in desired colors
1. Download the free pattern for this project. (Downloading requires Adobe Acrobat software.)
2. Lay the largest felt piece flat. Pin the large strip atop it as shown. Using blanket stitches and three plies of floss, sew the two pieces together at the edges.
2. Fold the case in half with right sides out. Sew the sides closed using three plies of floss and blanket stitches.
3. To add French knot dots to the small bow shape, use six plies of desired colors of embroidery floss. Sew to the larger bow shape using blanket stitches. Wrap the center of the bow with embroidery floss. Tack the bow to the top of the eyeglass case.Sewing and Finishing Tips
- Use a sharp, large-eyed needle when sewing with six plies of embroidery floss. Use fewer plies for finer details.
- Before purchasing felt, check the quality. Some felts are very thin. For this project, select thick, dense pieces of felt.