- 1 block floral foam or Styrofoam, approximately 10 inches long, 3 inches wide, and at least 2 inches deep
- Two 6-inch lengths of 1/4-inch dowel (other diameters can also be used)
- Ribbon as desired
1. Wrap loops. Push dowels into floral foam about 5 inches apart. Holding ribbon end on top of base, wrap dowels at least 3 times. For larger bows, wrap 4 to 6 times.
2. Cut ribbon end. After wrapping dowels, cut the ribbon, leaving about an 8-inch tail. Slip tail of ribbon underneath loops, continuing to hold the starting end of the ribbon.
3. Tie a center knot. Secure the loops by tying the ribbon ends firmly into a knot in the center of the loops. Carefully slide the bow loops off the dowels.
4. Attach to package and arrange loops. Tie the bow atop intersecting ribbons that wrap around the package. Separate and fluff the bow loops. Fold ribbon ends in half and trim as desired.