- Nine 1-inch-long head pins
- Seed beads in red, white, and blue
- Needlenose pliers
- Metallic braid in red and silver
1. Thread 7 red and 6 white beads alternately onto 4 head pins. For each of the remaining 5 pins, thread 4 red and 3 white beads alternately onto each pin. Follow with 3 blue and 2 white, alternating beads.
2. Form the end of each pin into a circle with pliers.
3. Cut a 30-inch length of each color of metallic braid. Thread beaded pins onto the braid. Knot at the the side of the beads. Knot again at the end of the necklace.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!