Flower and Herb Swag
Look for a nice variety of colors, textures, and fragrances when you're snipping herbs. Lavender is a must with its aromatic wands of deep purple buds. Tansy blooms stand out like a cluster of bright yellow pincushions. Pink miniature roses will give your swag an elegant look. Don't overlook rosemary with its spicy foliage, as well as variegated sage with its soft, fuzzy leaves.What You Need:
This swag is a great gift or
decoration for any occassion.
- 1 small handful of sweet Annie (Artemisia annua)
- 6 sprigs of flax
- 6 sprigs of seeded eucalyptus
- 4 sprigs of pink larkspur
- Wire cutters
- Hot-glue gun and hot-glue sticks
- Various sprigs or blooms of anise, garlic cloves, globe amaranth, hydrangea, hyssop, lavender, miniature roses, rosemary, sage, tansy, thyme
- Approximately 7 feet of 20-gauge wire
- Approximately three large handfuls of Spanish moss
- Approximately 2 yards of sage green Midori ribbon or other type of shiny, transparent ribbon
- Surface sealer (optional, available in crafts shops)
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!