Making the BellWhat You Need For Each Bell:
Paint pens make these bells
quick to decorate.
- 2-inch-diameter terra-cotta flowerpot
- Glossy-paint pens
- 18 inches of 1/4-inch-wide satin ribbon
- 1/2-inch-diameter jingle bell
- 1/4-inch-diameter bead
- Gold thread
1. Paint the pot. Looking at our photograph for ideas, use glossy-paint pens to paint pot with holiday decorations. Allow to dry.
2. Attach thread to bead. Cut 14 inches of gold thread and use the toothpick to guide it through the bead (see Assembly Diagram). Center the bead on the thread and knot it in place.
3. Attach ribbon to bell. Use the toothpick to thread the jingle bell with the satin ribbon; center as before and knot it in place (see Assembly Diagram). Tie another knot in the ribbon, about 1-3/4 inches from the first knot.
4. Attach thread and ribbon to pot. Insert the gold thread through the bottom hole of the pot from the inside and pull until the bead rests against the hole. Push the bead aside and insert the ribbon in the same manner. Pull the ribbon until the second knot rests against the hole.
5. Make a bow. Tie the ribbon ends into a bow at the top of the pot.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!