Frankie the Monster
- Tracing paper
- Vinyl place mats or crafting foam in lavender and lime green
- Crafts knife
- Thick white crafts glue
- Paper punch
- Pair of shoelaces
1. Download the Frankie the Monster patterns. (This requires free Adobe Acrobat software.)
2. Cut materials. Enlarge the face and hair pattern. Trace onto tracing paper and cut out. Cut the face from green vinyl material and the rest of the pattern pieces from lavender. Use a crafts knife to cut out the eyeholes, mouth, and nose. Use scissors to cut a 1-inch-high T for neck bolt. Cut a 1/2-inch-long slit to hold the neck bolt.
3. Glue cutouts. Overlap and glue the hair to the top of the head. Glue all of the face pieces in place, using the pattern as a guide. Let dry.
4. Add fastener. In line with eyeholes, use a paper punch to make a hole 1 inch from each mask edge. Tie a shoelace through each hole. Tie the shoelaces behind head to secure in place.