Fright Night Wreath
- 24-inch grapevine wreath
- Black glossy spray paint
- Chenille stems in orange, silver, and black
- Round pencil
- White pony beads
- 1 yard of 2-inch-wide silver wire-edge ribbon
1. Paint wreath. In a well-ventilated area, cover the work surface with newspapers. Lay the grapevine wreath on the newspapers and spray-paint one side of the wreath using black glossy paint. Let the paint dry. Turn the wreath over and spray-paint the back side. Let the paint dry.
2. Make coils. Shape several orange and silver chenille stems into coils or S-shapes as shown in the photograph. Arrange the coils and S-shapes on the wreath and secure by wrapping one end of each chenille stem around a vine on the wreath.
3. Make spirals. To make each long spiral, wrap an orange chenille stem around a pencil. Remove the spiral from the pencil and tuck it into the wreath where desired, securing under the vines. Make six or seven spirals and attach them to the wreath.
4. Add beads. Cut several 2-inch pieces from black chenille stems. Thread a white pony bead on each chenille stem piece. Twist each beaded chenille stem piece around the vine wreath. Continue adding beads between the chenille shapes until the desired look is achieved.
5. Add bow. Decide where the bow will be placed on the wreath. Slip the piece of ribbon under some of the vines where the bow is desired. Tie the ribbon into a bow. Trim the ribbon ends as needed.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!