- Boxwood clippings, myrtle sprigs, or other fresh evergreens
- Floral foam
- Wooden florist's picks
- 3 shallow galvanized buckets in graduated sizes
- 1 pineapple
- 3 kinds of fruit; choose 3 graduated sizes and select 9 to 12 uniform pieces of each variety
1. Pack each bucket full of floral foam. Stack the buckets, aligning the handles.
2. Secure the fruit to the floral foam with florist's picks, arranging them so all pieces point in the same direction. (This creates a pleasing rhythm that leads the eye around the design.) Crown the design with the pineapple, securing it with two florist's picks.
3. Add greenery. Tuck sprigs of boxwood or other evergreens between pieces of fruit to hide the floral foam and soften the edges of the buckets.More Ideas:
- Check hardware stores or restaurant-supply stores for galvanized buckets in the sizes you want.
- Floral foam is available at florist-supply stores.